Sunday, March 1, 2009

Youth grant move under discussion

GABORONE - The Out of School Youth Grant Programme is set to be moved to the CEDA portfolio in the next financial year.
However, the agency's Senior Public Relations Officer, Mr Masegonyana Madisa said the modalities of the arrangement are still being discussed Mr Madisa said the transfer of the youth grant programme to the Youth Development Fund under CEDA was announced the Minister of Finance and Development Planning, Mr Baledzi Gaolathe in his budget speech.
"At this stage we do not know exactly how it is going to be implemented or if there will be any changes in the way it will be administered.
"Once this has been mapped out, CEDA will inform stakeholders," Mr Madisa added. He, however, said CEDA and the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture have started to hold meetings in order to agree on the roll-out of the fund and to ensure a smooth transition.
With regards to the rationalization of CEDA branches, Madisa said that the decision was taken prior to government's decision to transfer the youth grant programme to CEDA. "It is a decision that was taken objectively to find the most effective and beneficial way of rationalising CEDA's branch network at the time," he proclaimed.
Mr Madisa said as of now the only change that they are aware of is that the project ceilings under this revised programme have been set at P100 000 per project with the funding provided in the form of a 50 per cent grant and a 50 per cent interest-free loan, except in cases of default where 5 per cent interest will be charged. BOPA

1 comment:

  1. MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {mrsirenequery@gmail.com}

    God bless you Madam, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Mrs.Rachel Alex, and I am from Singapore Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now,She advised I give it a try so I mailed her and explain all about my financial situation to her, she therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $180,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 3% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 3% and better repayment schedule, please contact MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE via email{mrsirenequery@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete